So, I went to work today... long 12 hour shift. I'm not sure why, but I'm orienting a new RN. My last day is Tuesday! I have only 3 more shifts! I'm going to be switching from inpatient orthopedic unit to a primary care clinic. This means that I won't be working late evenings, weekends or holidays! And it's only 4 days a week. I start on May 5th.
BTW, if any of you happen to be in the hospital or have family there, nurses love chocolate or any other kind of sweet. I don't know if it's a change in the way things are or just the culture here in the northwest, but I've noticed that there's a lot less food brought in by family members lately. Also, May 5 is national nurses week. I was thinking about this at work today because someone brought us SEE's chocolates (which by the way are from SF and happen to be the best, IMO).
Good night all. I think I feel a really bad head cold coming on...... (I have 12 hours of sick time saved up)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Totally agree about See's candy- it's the best!! I hope your transition to your new job goes well. Is Chris (the babysitter) still staying with you?-S
Kris is probably not going to stay. She's starting looking for summer work. She wants to do some type of outdoorsy, trail maintaince volunteer type thing. I'm in the process of looking for daycare for Xander. Izzy will be in before/after school care at kindergarten.
Post a Comment